Saturday, February 11, 2006

Waiting for God's plan

Just when you think that you know what God's plan is for your life you get thrown for a loop. I am thankful that God is in control of my life and that I rely on Him to provide and guide me. It gets confusing though when times are tough and you just don't know where you are going or what direction God wants you to take. I know that God uses these times to stretch us and help us learn and grow. I will be thankful when I come out on the other side, but for now I am trying to be patient in waiting for the unveiling of His plan. I guess we always need to remember that we cannot see the whole picture like God can and that we can't start thinking that we have it all figured out and that nothing will ever change. We can take comfort in the fact that God is guiding us through all the good and bad times and that we can use both experiences to praise God.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well, I am praying for you guys. I know that God knows His plans for you. Sometimes it would just be nice if He would let us know more clearly and on our schedule. :)

janna said...

It is a scary and very exciting time in many ways. You never know what is around the next corner. Is tomorrow going to be the day that we see what God has been preparing for us or will we have to continue to be patient a little while longer. I know that God has something great in store for us.

Tim said...

If you get bored, you could always move to Salem.

emilykaypeters said...

I think that we have to struggle in order to be prepared for the works that God wants us to do. If we don't struggle then we can't appreciate the things that he gives us. We also can share our experiences and triumps with other people when they are struggling and can actually be honest with them about what to do and what to expect.

As long as you remember that God is in control and you don't have to worry about anything then you will always come out on the other side.