Monday, September 19, 2005

I hate it when friends move away!

We have now been living in Oak Harbor, WA for almost 2 1/2 years now. Things have been busy since the day we arrived with our church and youth ministry. Over the past year I finally found myself settling into life here and making a couple of good solid friendships. One of those friendships has really become strong. Jessica has been one of my only best friends that I have made since I was in college almost 10 years ago! She has been such a blessing in my life and has been such a great friend to me that it is hard to describe. It had been so long since I had a best friend that was not hundreds of miles away and we could talk every day and hang out as much as we wanted. Well, in just a couple of weeks Jessica and her husband and two girls are moving to Georgia. I am not prepared for this and do not want this to happen! When we moved here I knew that this was a Navy town and that people are always coming and going. I just didn't count on making any good friends I guess. After Mike and I moved away from Oregon where I grew up almost 5 years ago I did not understand what it would be like to live so far away from our family and close friends. I think we assumed we would not be away very long and that it was just a temporary thing that would not be a big deal. Well, now that I have found such a good friend I have to deal with the fact that she will not be here in the same town or the same church as me anymore. We will still be friends, but it will be long distance. About as far apart as we could get without her leaving the country!! I just pray that God gives me strength to endure this and strength for Jessica too. I know that we will all be ok, but that does not mean it will be easy.

No comments: