Friday, September 30, 2005

Rumor Weed

Have you seen the Veggie Tales video about Larry Boy and the Rumor Weed? Right now that is one of my daughter's favorite things to watch. It is very ironic that she is so drawn to that particular one right now because it is exactly what has been happening in my life over the past month. As the situation dies down and the truth starts to come out I can start to see how small it started and then how big it grew. It is just a wake up call to remind me that if I EVER get a feeling that someone is even POSSIBLY upset about something to not dismiss it, but rather ask about it and get it straightened out before it has a chance to grow. Sometimes you just get a feeling about something and you don't want to make a big deal out of it because you thing it will turn out to be nothing. Most of the time that would probably be ok, but then there is that ONE TIME in a million that there is something going on and it just gets worse the longer it goes on. People are very sensitive creatures and we are very self concious and sometimes that makes us think that someone is being critical about us when they are not. It seems that is what happened in my situation and it got twisted and turned all around and grew into a big rumor weed. I just wish I had known about it sooner and I might have been able to clear things up much easier.

Fortunately, God can heal all our problems and hurts. I am praying that over time He helps heal mine and the others involved also. I also pray that anybody that is still hearing about the rumors can realize that it was all based on a lie and that the people involved would never do or say the things that are being passed around. It is very hard when you know people are being told lies about you and that they would even consider believing them. The only way I can truly get through this is with God. I know for sure that He can be trusted!

No comments: